DIY Pony Tack and Training
In the last year or so, I found myself progressively more interested in making things, especially kinky things. As I dabble into making my own training equipment and tack, I'll be posting detailed articles of how made them here. I may also include some in progress posts since it takes quite awhile to take a photos and write up a comprehensive tutorial, but we'll see.
At the moment, it's just the one article on how I made a pair of hoof boots, but more will be added in the future.
- Making a Pair of Hoof Boots - A detailed, illutrated guide, including tempates for each part, of how I made a pair of hoof boots in the Reactor (toe of boot inside hoof) style.
Projects I'm currently working on (tutorials to be added in the near future):
- Ponyboy training collar - A shock collar controlled via smartphone app. The tutorial will show you how to convert a standard remote shock/training collar into a smart device for controlling and training your ponyboy from the comfort of your smartphone. In addition to physical making steps, I will also include the source code for both the collar's microcontroller and the In the current design, the features will include:
- Administer shock at user selectable levels to any of 8 pairs of electrodes.
- Detect and enforce pony's position (two legged or four legged).
- Detect and prevent or require movement (standing still, walking, running).
- Detect sound/vocalizations and administer shock if sound is above a user selectable level or is/is not of a certain frequency (ultimately I want this to detect a whinny or other preset horse-like noises, but this is more complicated on the limited processing power of the microprocessor I'm using in the collar).
- Solo mode where the pony can set any of these parameters as well as a lockout time. When executed, the collar will not allow modifications to the training parameters until the chosen lockout time has elapsed.
- Anti tampering mechanism that creates and alert if any of the electrodes or contact microphone come out of contact with skin, and (if desired) administers a shock via all other electrodes.
So far, I have all the supplies I think I'll need, and have tested out the accelerometer to measure both position and movement, shock mechanism scavenged from a shock collar, a contact microphone I made from a piezo and properly matched into a custom mini pre-amp. I've written a little code for the microcontroller so that it can activate the shock mechanism at user selectable levels, read in accelerometer data and calculate the orientation. I have written a basic program on the iphone side and have been able to establish a basic interface and link, but there is still a lot more that needs to be developed on that side of things. This is my main project now, so I'm hoping to make some real progress on this in the next several weeks.
- Scold's bridle - I know this isn't strictly pony play related, but it has the word "bridle" in its name, and I love gags. Plus, I have a lot of extra steel and metalworking tools leftover from my hoof boot project that are begging to be used for something kinky. I'm about halfway done, so hopefully the tutorial should be up in the next few weeks.
- My show bit that attaches to my tongue piercing. While I already have this, I didn't take photos of the process of making it, so I'll be making a new one (perhaps also with some design improvements) in the near future. This time around, I will take photos of each step. This probably won't be a terribly involved project, so hopefully I can get a tutorial of this one soon.