Pony Play Forums

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-21 07:42:51

Dancer

Hi!

Hey,

I'm Dancer and my pronouns are they/their. I'm pretty new to pony play, but I have a lot of bio-horse experience. I really enjoy the non-sexual aspects of pony play (I'm gray-ace) and am super playful in pony space. I enjoy patterns, jumping, and I'm curious about dressage. More generally, I'm a masochist, rope slut, and a huge horse nerd.

#2 2015-07-22 04:27:26

cpony
Administrator
Website

Re: Hi!

Hi Dancer! Glad to have you on the forums.

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun exploring pony play, and it will come quite easily to you I expect, given your bio-horse experience. Do you mind if I ask what discipline you ride (in the bio-horse world)?

#3 2015-07-22 23:55:23

Dancer

Thanks! And I don't mind. I've ridden a few different disciplines. My favorites were jumping and trail riding. I also have experience with western style trail patterns and (both english and western) equitation patterns, as well as a little training in dressage and show jumping.

#4 2015-07-23 06:51:17

cpony
Administrator
Website

Cool! I love jumping as well (though I have not been able to do nearly as much riding as I would like these last couple years). Sounds like you are pretty well rounded with your bio-horse experience. Are you interested in trying any Western style pony play?

I'm curious because I see a lot of English based disciplines prevalent in pony play but not too much Western. I think it would be great to incorporate more of that in pony play and shows/competitions.

#5 2015-07-24 17:54:17

Dancer

I'd be interested in some western style events, but not exclusively western events. Jumping is too much fun.   

Western style events would be a lot of fun. Especially reining and trail patterns. Actually, most western events could be pretty easily adapted for human ponies. I've seen barrel racing, but thats the only western style event I've heard about.

#6 2015-07-25 05:35:28

cpony
Administrator
Website

True enough; jumping is way to much to give up! A pony friend of mine recently tried barrel racing as a pony and absolutely loved it.

#7 2015-07-31 03:14:09

Dancer

Barrel racing sounds like its amazing. I haven't gotten to try it (the barrels weren't set up the last time I was able to go out to the local outdoor venue), but its definitely something I want to do. I'm probably going to end up doing a mix of english and western events/patterns.

#8 2015-07-31 04:31:47

cpony
Administrator
Website

It does! I haven't tried it myself as yet, but I would love to give it a try as well.

It's great that you have a local venue that can be setup for such races. We don't have easy access to one where I live on a regular basis, but we have an annual event where we could potentially prepare such a course for interested ponies.

Have the best of both worlds! Sounds great!

#9 2015-07-31 05:07:25

Dancer

I'm really lucky that we have a local pony play venue. They open up every couple months or so to let local pony players use the stables/ring/trails. The annual event sounds interesting, whats the set up like? Is it more of a "try it out" event or more of a pony derby?

Definitely!

#10 2015-07-31 05:24:58

cpony
Administrator
Website

That's awesome. To have an outdoor venue open for pony play every couple months is incredible!

The annual event is structured as a human fox hunt, but the actual fox hunts typically take up only a couple hours on one of the days of the event. It's essentially a weekend dedicated to animal role-play (not solely pony play) on a reasonably sized, private property about an hour from the city.

There are various classes, but much of the play is unstructured (ponies being lunged or pulling carts around). There is certainly enough space to add in a course of barrels, jumps, etc. Although this hasn't been done in previous years, I think it would be nice to see such a course setup for ponies (I think they may have done something like this for pups one year).

#11 2015-08-05 01:53:19

nightmarethestallion

Dancer wrote:

I'm really lucky that we have a local pony play venue. They open up every couple months or so to let local pony players use the stables/ring/trails. The annual event sounds interesting, whats the set up like? Is it more of a "try it out" event or more of a pony derby?

Definitely!

It's *super* cool that you have a pony play venue near you! I'm in Colorado of all places, and *we* don't even have one of those. I'd love to hear all about the venue; it sounds like a total blast! C:

#12 2015-08-05 02:37:43

Dancer

cpony- that event sounds like a lot of fun! If you bring 4 or 5 cones (or anything similar), it would be really easy to set up patterns. Equitation, horsemanship, trail, I usually look at the AQHA guidelines for ideas (I use google to find them). One of the guys at the last day I went to set up a jump/agility course using some firewood/long poles. It was easy to adjust for a variety of bodies/agilities and experience.

The venue is amazing! big_smile There're extensive private trails (appropriate for carts and trail riding), a longing ring, wash area, several stalls in a barn, and a traditional BDSM play room upstairs. Also, several buildings dedicated to a western theme event they host and slave posts for the annual slave hunt. The venue is much nicer than many bio-horse venues I've seen.

#13 2016-01-02 08:25:12

Mustang

Hey Dancer, your pony sounds like lots of fun. Welcome!

#14 2016-01-02 20:06:36

Dancer

Thanks! I'm back (after being sick for a while) and am planning to be more active now!

Board footer