Pony Play Forums

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-24 04:15:01

cpony
Administrator
Website

Hiding Logged in User List

I'm considering removing the list of logged in users. I am not sure how much value it adds, and my concern is that having a list of users currently logged in may discourage people from logging in if they don't want to advertise their presence.

I'm open to input either way, but I would especially like to hear from you (you can contact me privately as well) if you like the feature and don't want to see it go.

#2 2015-11-07 19:50:20

Venom

Re: Hiding Logged in User List

Quite frankly, I can take it or leave it. In the past I've been active on another forum providing this feature, and I employed it to tell whether familiar users were present to interact with. Like this one, the forum in question not only showed the number of active log-ins, but also the name of each logged-in user (if not suppressed -- which I used to do if I remember correctly). That forum was bigger, though, so it is too early to draw any parallels.

Last edited by Venom (2015-11-07 19:54:54)

#3 2016-01-02 08:12:29

Mustang

Re: Hiding Logged in User List

I agree with Venom. It's too early to say. I have not logged on much, but when I do, usually the only user online is me smile I would like to chat with another pony, so the feature would be useful for me when the forum becomes bigger.

Board footer