Pony Play Forums

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-25 05:40:04

Mustang

Hello!

I'm Mustang. I don't have much experience yet. I only have a bit gag I bought online been using rope for reins when I play around by myself. I'm hoping to get more gear soon and hopefully find a trainer to teach me more.

#2 2015-07-25 05:47:53

cpony
Administrator
Website

Re: Hello!

Hey Mustang,

Welcome to the brand new forums! Thanks for taking the time to say hello. I hope you can meet more members of the community both here and on other sites (like Fetlife). Don't worry about no having a lot of tack; you can do a huge amount of pony play with just a bit and reins.

Finding a trainer can be difficult, depending on where you're located. Two main suggestions are: network with others in the pony/animal roleplay community (both online and in real life at munches and other open, low pressure events) and secondly if your area has annual pride parades, see if you can walk in those as a pony and try to get a handler for the event. This will both get you "out there" so people know you are a pony looking for a handler/trainer, and also give you an opportunity to feel what it's like to have another person at the other ends of the reins.

#3 2015-07-31 04:00:41

Dancer

Hey, welcome! Nice to meet you.

I'm using very similar tack right now. I've found it works really well for experimenting and trying out new events.

#4 2016-01-02 07:45:42

Mustang

Hi Dancer, nice to meet you as well. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one with some makeshift tack smile Have you found people at events have very nice tack? I would love to go to a pony event, but I'm a little embarrassed about wearing the gear I have after seeing all those pictures of ponies in fancy gear.

#5 2016-01-02 20:16:55

Dancer

The events I've gone to have been relatively informal, so I don't know about formal events. Some people had fancy gear and some people had the same stuff as I did. I didn't feel weird at all about what I had with me!

Board footer