Pony Play Forums

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-29 01:30:51

WinnPin

Necomimi ears

Since bio-horses communicate using their ears, thought it would be fun to try out Necomimi ears to help with body communication with trainer/handler. Not sure if anyone else has tried this? Will have to make some horse ears for sure.

If you never heard of them, Def check them out on YouTube.

Last edited by WinnPin (2016-05-29 02:44:49)

It's the Pony life for us

#2 2016-05-31 12:14:41

WinnPin

Re: Necomimi ears

So finally tried out my newest purchase for my Pony Play collection. Purchased and shipped total cost $52 and they arrived in less then 48hrs (yes, I am aware they are orignally cat ears, but making custome ears are easy with these). I would think Necomimi are more for the Alternative Pony IMO, and in a way they are freaky, but more importantly an absolute blast. When wearing them, you really have no idea what those ears are saying to anyone observing you, and anyone who is observing you would have to understand what ear position and motion of the ears mean. Have to say, I love them and already have a new mask in sight that I feel would work great when paired with the ears. A trainer/handler could easily take more advantage over you, because the ears really do reveal your state of mind. I will probably buy another set for my partner.  If the opportunity is presented to try some, highly recommend you do.

#3 2016-06-02 03:22:57

cpony
Administrator
Website

I've seen these once before in person, and they're really cool. I'd really love to have something like incorporated into a pony mask.

#4 2016-06-02 14:02:22

WinnPin

I did contact the lady who makes the mask I had in mind, but no response from her yet. Might just have to venture into making my own custom mask. If I can make a decent mold I can make mask using carbon fiber, just finding the time is my biggest problem.

#5 2016-06-02 14:08:32

WinnPin

I could incorporate them into my leather mask also, hmmmmm

#6 2016-06-09 17:53:36

cpony
Administrator
Website

It would be so cool to have these ears in a mask! Also, with a mask you made yourself, you could add in all sorts of neat options as well smile

I hear you on the shortage of free time though. I have several ideas for pony projects, but it's hard to find the time to try and make them into a reality.

#7 2016-06-11 23:30:53

WinnPin

I decided to start with making my tail first. I did get a chestnut horse tail extension which turned out to be the perfect length for me. I got in contact with Aeleyah and she gave me some great tips on how to make the tail. So I am going to start there and work my way up. As for the Necomimi ears, My wife loves them, and pretty much owns them now, In return she is suppose to be getting me a leather collar tonight. :-D Which makes me excited!

#8 2016-09-04 15:02:46

DesertHorse

I remember hearing that they stop working after a while, are yours still in good shape? May consider getting some myself eventually as non moving ears can be a hinderance for alternative ponies like me. smile Do you find with enough practice controlling your moods you can move them yourself?

#9 2016-09-21 12:10:20

WinnPin

So far they have worked fine, but they use batteries quick. With a lot of practice I would like to think you can have some control over them, but realistically you cannot mentally force control them. I haven't had any issues with them not working, as long as you remove the batteries after each use they should remain in good shape. Another down side is I have a ADHD, so they constantly wiggle as my mind constantly goes none stop, which is another reason the batteries do not last.

Board footer