Pony Play Forums

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-16 20:06:08

cpony
Administrator
Website

1st Annual EQUUS IPPE

submissann's pony play event, the first annual international pony play event, will be happening the second weekend of August (8/7 - 8/9) in Los Angeles. It sounds like an interesting event with games, a competition, and even a few vendors with booths.

Edited to add a link to the event.

#2 2016-01-02 08:36:11

Mustang

Re: 1st Annual EQUUS IPPE

Wat kind of gear do you need to attend this event? Do I need to have a trainer? It will cost a lot of money for me to attend with hotel and airline cost in addition to registration. How may ponies will be there?

#3 2016-01-03 05:43:45

cpony
Administrator
Website

Although I have not been to the event personally, I know for sure you don't need to have a trainer to attend or compete. I believe they have some "house" handlers specifically for ponies without trainers/handlers.

I don't think you need to have any gear, but some basic stuff like a bit and reins might be good if you want to go as a pony. If you're just going as a spectator (e.g. to meet other ponies and trainers, or just to see different styles of play in person), you probably won't even need that.

As to how many ponies will be there, I don't know for sure. Looking at the Fetlife event page, it looks like there are already 12 people who have RSVP'd as going and another 8 as maybe going (I'm not sure how many of them are ponies versus trainers) for this year's (2016) event. Since the event is still 8 months away, I expect this number will increase.

I completely understand that it can be an expensive undertaking, but if you decide to go, I'm sure you will have a fun time. I would recommend contacting submissann if you want some more details. She is friendly and I'm sure she would be happy to answer any questions you have (and she will be able to be much more specific than me).

Hope this helps smile

#4 2016-01-24 08:28:06

Missfit

Is there a link to the fetlife event?

#5 2016-01-24 21:01:40

cpony
Administrator
Website

#6 2016-05-31 12:33:56

WinnPin

My partner and I are planning to be at the 2016 event Aug12-14, can't wait. Anyone else attending?

It's the Pony life for us

#7 2016-06-02 03:20:48

cpony
Administrator
Website

Cool! You'll have a great time!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it due to work, but we'll see.

#8 2016-06-02 14:28:51

WinnPin

I hear you there, clearing my weekend so I can fly out there was not a easy task.

#9 2016-06-09 18:04:51

cpony
Administrator
Website

Definitely. It's hard to for me to clear a whole weekend as well, but I can't complain too much since work pays for my tack and toys smile

Are you guys planning on entering the show?

#10 2016-06-12 00:23:23

WinnPin

cpony wrote:

Are you guys planning on entering the show?

Im not sure yet, part of me wants to enter and part of me wants to see what happens. Im thinking about only entering for Friday night and spectating Saturday. My biggest issue being I love to be competitive, knowing that I have had zero training makes it hard for me, but as you know, I like to take risk also. Honestly I would prefer to start showing at something like Ponies on the Delta (attending next year) and go from there, I don't think I will be as overwhelmed since I will be closer to home and familiar with my location. I'm still skittish but sure it will past quickly once I enter my pony persona and hoof it with the other pony's.

Interesting enough, I was contacted by trainer/handler, I don't know how serious they are about putting me through my paces, but I might take them up on their offer as long as they understand I am more alternative pony. 'Whinny's' I wanna learn gaits!

#11 2016-06-21 05:52:54

cpony
Administrator
Website

Fair enough. Though zero training doesn't mean you won't win smile It just means that it's all the sweeter when you do!

I completely understand actually. Although pony play for me is pretty much exclusively erotic, I'm quite competitive by nature (I try very hard to hide this fact) and often will not do something in public until I'm certain I have it *down*.

Ponies on the Delta sounds like a great event. I know the organizer, and he's a great guy. I'm sure you'll have a fun time if you go (in fact, I'm sure you'll have a fun time if you go to IPPE as well). Once you pony up, you'll forget all (well, most) of your skittishness!

That sounds like a good idea. As long as you communicate your preferences ahead of time, there should be no issue. I think most who compete in these shows are alternative ponies/trainers, so I doubt you'll have an issue.

Good luck if you decide to compete. I'm sure you'll bring back the blue ribbons!

#12 2016-06-22 13:02:13

WinnPin

If I went out there and actually won anything I would be absolutely shocked. Then again, never been to a event before.  It's funny, I ended up getting tickets to spectate on Fri and participate on Saturday. Hopefully I will get to hangout with the other ponies outside the event also why there. Pretty sure I will stick out having a southern accent. If by chance you make it, I will be the pony who says "yall" and drinks sweet tea! LOL.

Once I meet everyone I am sure I will start discussing training. I know I want to do show, I suspect I will be requested to do cart pulling due to my height and build. It will defenitly be interesting to see which route I take after the IPPE, one thing is certain, I am more comfortable and confident sense being on related pony play sites, so the events should be a giant leap smile

On a side note, the erotic part of pony play is definitely fun and enjoyed. My partner loves it, her being a dom and also really enjoying bdsm, it is great combination for us both smile

#13 2016-06-23 18:42:14

cpony
Administrator
Website

You might be surprised! It would of course be a pleasant surprise smile

That sounds like a good idea...check out the format on the first day and mingle with others, then dip your hoof on the second day.

You'll have a great time! You can chat pony with a bunch of the other ponies and trainers. Share ideas and learn new techniques. That's my favorite part of pony events, meeting new people and getting a chance to talk about pony play.

Ha! I picked up using y'all from a friend of mine from Texas. I'm a west coast native (for the most part), but y'all just sounds right to me. I love the way it rolls off the tongue smile

Cool, there are quite a few ponies who dabble in both the erotic and alternative styles. They are both fun, and really , why should you have to restrict yourself to one or the other when you can have both.

Board footer