Pony Play Forums

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-16 17:37:32

WinnPin

Yay - First Pony Play event EQUUS IPPE

Yay - First pony event EQUUS IPPE ^_^

Warning!!! Before countinuing to read, please remember that this is only a opinion that was generated in my head from the past 4 days. Nothing said should be taken literally! Also, my lovely Grammar Nazis, this was typed using a cell phone, mistakes were probably made, get over it, you will live!

Day 1 - Arrival Landing around 10:50pm Pacific time, dealing with all the usual crazy airport BS, car rental, bla bla bla, we arrived at the Airtel hotel around 12:25am. No sign of other ponies, I was immediately taken back by the hotel age and style, very classic and unique to say the least. Almost like something you would see in a horror movie (the shinning came to mind), I really enjoyed this aspect and please know the hotel was very clean, and friendly, the fact it was old made it that more special to stay in. The only thing that was a little annoying was having to pay for parking that wasn't really secure, much amusement was found with automated voice on the gate ticket dispenser. Veyda and I giggled like school children to a cheesy joke every time it said 'please take a ticket' because it sounded like 'please take a dicket'! Many dickets were received through out the entire trip.

Day 2 - Almost pony play time So after a long morning, I wasn't expecting to be wide awake at 7:30am, but figure whatever the hotel had breakfast and maybe I would see some other ponies at breakfast??? No such luck, had not seen another pony yet. Not a big deal, Veyda and I love to explore new places, so we jumped into our rental car only to find that we had a defective dicket and could not get out of the gate. So after a few minutes we finally escaped and had to drop into the lobby anyway to find out what was available to do in Van Nuys while we waited for the pony event to begin. Veyda comes out and informs me that two people are inside practicing for the event. I immediately was excited and eager to meet them, and behold it is two popular ponies in the pony scene which I knew of but finally would have the opportunity to meet. So without a second thought I introduced Veyda and I only realizing then that they were probably super busy getting ready and I probably just interrupted them. Oops, my bad hmm I was just so excited because I had never met another pony player in person before. It was probably also a little awkward being they had no idea who we were as we are completely new and unheard of in the kink world...for now anyways wink so as fast as we showed up we were off to go on our day adventure. After a helicopter trip around the area, we had seen pretty much all of LA and its biggest tourist sites. So as we returned to the hotel, another big kink world celebrity is there, I decided not to bother them as I knew they were setting up, but oh did it make me happy to see them. So we went and changed to go to the pool, I decided to go to the registration table to see if I could help with anything and met a wonderful gentlemen. Nothing was really there for me to do but he made the registration process so easy, I was actually confused. I am so use to racing events where you have to have so much in order before thinking about entering I might have ignored him a little asking so many questions. Oh well moving on, I met with Veyda who wanted to go into the ballroom and see what was being sold, of course both of us in swim wear, we were getting a lot of unwanted attention being dressed like that, we definitely looked liked two norms who everyone probably guessed we did not know what we had walked into or at least that's is what I like to assumed lol

Day 2 - Pony time
So finally it was time for the night rodeo, and I was impatiently awaiting Veyda to get ready, i was absolutely nervous and excited to meet all the ponies. Finally a hour later Veyda was ready and we made are way into the night show. Since we were wearing red wrists bands (red wrists bands mean no photos) we had to set near the DJ booth to avoid getting into pictures. Which sucked because I wanted to go hang out with the other ponies, but as a photographer myself, I knew what a pain in the ass I would be if I was in that area possibly blocking great shots. So patiently I waited and admired each pony and their handler as they took on each course presented to them. It was not just amazing but beautiful to watch. The host was very professional and amusing, everyone was having a wonderful time until the first travesty struck as a handler tripped up and fell breaking her arm. It looked so painful, we could do nothing but stay out of the way. I felt bad for the pony as you could tell he was worried and felt responsible even though it was not his fault. Ponies care about one another and know in my heart we all wish her a fast recovery.
Sheep time
I was waiting for my moment, I didn't want to compete at all as a pony the first night since this was my first event, but I did volunteer to be a sheep for the cutter event. So here I am prancing excitedly as I am marked for the event. I was a little bothered that Veyda did not join me, but she does have knee problems so I can't blame her. So the other sheeps and I discuss a quick strategy and pretty much there was none. I don't know about the others but I did study and watch videos of sheep and how they act during such a surprise attack. So I wait and watch as sheep get cut and herded into the "Pin" so far I have not been herded. Then it finally happened, I was the target 3 times almost in a row and wow did I get my butt handed to me bad from this point on. First Pony and handler approached me directly, cutting me from the others as I zig and zagged like crazy the handler was able to anticipate my next move and quickly pushed me back into the pin. I was released back into the arena, and with hardly any time to cool down, here came the next pony and handler. The other sheep were like, your the target, your the target. Sure enough the handler was heading straight for me with a big smile and all I could think was 'FUuUuCk again, already, what?!?!?' and back into a wild zig zag to try and confuse the pony and handler. The pony actually got frustrated and grabbed and held me, luckily I was able to escape. Then that clever pony got into a cute pose and gave me the pony version of puppy eyes. I admittedly was going to give up and just walk into the pin but decided nah, they are going to have to get me in there. So after a few more minutes I had to give up, I was warn out from going full sheep, exhausted I proudly gave up and would abide to their desire. Round three, I am exhausted at this point and desperately need break, pony and trainer are coming out into the arena. This handler is clever and they take a less obvious approach, I watch but think no way I am the target again, no sheeping way! Suddenly, surprisingly I realize the pony is directly in front of me and I decide to stick my ground, I buck up to the pony and she bucks right back at which point I decide to run. What I did not realize is I was the target again. I thought I had just pissed off the pony and that is why I was being chased for doing so. Nope, after I did circles, multiple circles I was still being chased and herded. I ran around other sheep to try and confuse the pony and handler but no such luck. So I hid under a table, but where is the fun in that? So I ran out again, but I was so exhausted I just couldn't keep going, they had me figured out and worked me over to the pin, all I could do was let out a loud WHY in a sheep voice and go into the pin again. The pony and handler were great, I felt good knowing that I gave them all a challenge and took on a sheep persona for the first time in my life. It was such much fun and exciting that I didn't realize my ankles had swollen and had to take off my shoes from the pain. I did have the incorrect shoes for such a event which I would regret the next day. But seriously I had not had that much fun in a long time. I didn't want it to end, but everything has to end right?
So the night was wrapping up and I finally got to socialize with some ponies I had met on fetlife, I was completely glued to event taking place, Veyda on the other hand was focused on Carousel and was eager to be tied up. I knew this going to the event that she is really not into pony-play. This being her actual birthday I was a little surprised she wanted to fly to the west coast.

Day 3 - disaster strikes So after a amazingly fun Friday night at the western rodeo, I wanted to do the morning classes before other competition events begin. Starting off with hunter/jumper I asked Veyda to join but she wanted to sleep in. So I solo it to the class where I am greated by the trainer and another pony. Both very nice and pleasant to be around. As a few more ponie and handlers come in I notice my legs are hurting bad, I also notice I am getting some awkward stares, not sure if it was because I was new or something else but I did notice it. So class starts, my legs hurt and I start learning the process and how to cantor before jumping a obstacle. I immediately notice my ankles are swelling again, but decide to suck it up and try it. I tried it until my ankles were bothering me and I just didn't want to risk injuring myself worse. I will note the class was very good and presented well. The next class begins and it is also fun and insightful, and more ponies are now attending. Still Veyda is a no show, so it is now 11am and the one class I knew she wanted to be in was starting soon, I scramble to find her and finally she is with me. The class is fun and we both enjoy and learn a lot. Again surprised that not a lot of ponies/trainers/handlers are not taking advantage of these classes. So I talk Veyda in staying for the cart class, i am excited to try carting with her as she is my owner and I want her to be my handler as well. As we go through the class I can tell she is not interested one bit, as a matter of fact she decides she is done and leaves me there by myself. I am now bothered because we flew almost 2000miles to be at this event and she doesn't want too be a participant at all! I want to compete and the one person I want to compete with refuses to do so and is not communicating what is going on. So I skip the next class and go and take a nap. We have customers in California who live near by and had to meet with them later. So pretty much the rest of the day is a bust for pony play. I am trying to not be aggravated, but all I can think about is being back as soon as possible.

Day 4 Since Saturday was pretty much a bust, I just brushed it off and kept my promise to Veyda to go explore the local beaches. Which we did, she knew I was upset about us not competing the day prior and ask me if I wanted to go to the event that day. Unfortunately I had payed only for Friday and Saturday, so that was a no, plus I had already promised that day to her. This did however give us a chance to discuss everything we had seen and what had happened. I don't care how vanilla we might sound, if you can't communicate with someone you can't have a successfull relationship, I believe this is true even in the kink world! I will save y'all the details and just say we worked it out. So we enjoy the morning exploring and finally make it back to the hotel. I want to go swimming and that was the point everything turned for the better. Other ponies were having fun at the drink and without hesitation we were called out for our absence but allowed to join them which for me personally really made my day. It also gave Veyda a chance to really get the insight into the pony players and the kink world. It was fun and she finally opened up and enjoyed it. We hung with the other ponies and handlers pretty much the rest of that day and decided to go have some fun that night. Finally I would get to pony play, maybe not at the event but still get to play.

That night those of us still at the hotel and willing to pony in public gathered with tack on and ventured out to Sunset Blvd. We visited a sex shop which the employee working seemed excited about our presences at the shop. Some other shoppers came in and the reaction was wonderful. Some kept their distances, and others straight up embraced us. I got my first petting ever as a pony from a complete stranger and loved every second of it. She even complemented me by saying I must be best in show, I laughed on the inside thinking, 4 other ponies with us were actually in the show but whatever, I will take your compliment friendly lady. Once we had are fun we ventured to another sex shop down the road not far on another Blvd (I forgot which one). Where the employee immediately was excited to see ponys entering her store, this would now be the second time I would be pet by a complete stranger and I loved it even more. She also recognized Veyda as my Misstress and asked permission before petting which made her feel good and helped her take on the role even more. Since we had to leave at 4am we decided we had to call it a night, we even got a parking ticket, we had so much fun we did not care. It really meant a lot and the other ponies are awesome. Definitely a big thank you to them (you know who you are), it really made the entire trip worth while. Can't wait for POTD, excited to have a second go.

~WhinnPin

It's the Pony life for us

#2 2016-09-14 00:20:09

cpony
Administrator
Website

Re: Yay - First Pony Play event EQUUS IPPE

It sounds like although you didn't get quite as much pony play time as you would have liked (is there ever enough pony time?), that you had an awesome time!

Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to attend Equus next year and see you there smile

Thanks for sharing!

#3 2016-09-21 13:19:12

WinnPin

Re: Yay - First Pony Play event EQUUS IPPE

It was a fantastic experience, I hope to make it next year. definitely learned a lot. smile

It's the Pony life for us

Board footer