2015 Pony Play Events in the U.S.
It's the beginning of a new year, and 2015 feels like a good one! I figured now is also the perfect time to look at what pony events 2015 has in store for us here in the United States (sorry about not making this a world wide list, but time was little short when I was putting this together).
Pony events, or events with a pony component (e.g. classes, shows, etc.), are often a good way to learn more about pony play and a wonderful opportunity to network with other ponies and trainers (and potential pony players). Even if you're not currently looking for a pony/trainer, meeting others interested in pony play and chatting pony with them is just plain fun!
- January 30 - February 1: Human Boar Hunt - Held at Liberty Manor in Texas, the human boar hunt is similar to a human fox hunt. Essentially human ponies and puppies are led by hunters to find a capture a human hog. In addition to the hunt itself, the event also features a class and demo on pony play.
- February 27 - March 1: Sin in the City - As the name implies, this event is held in Las Vegas, and while it's not a dedicated pony event, Sin in the City has a solid lineup of pony play classes in addition to a pony show. If you're on the west coast, this is a short hop by plane and you can usually find a hotel room for a resonable price in Vegas.
- March 27-29: Ponies, Puppies, and Pervs - An outdoor camping event in Lousiana that includes several classes on various aspects of pony play, demos, and a pony show. At $25, this event is a great deal for a long weekend of pony play fun and education.
- April 30 - May 3: International Pony Play Championships - Held in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida as part of Beyond Leather (a large-ish BDSM/leather event), the IPPC, as it's called, is a long running event in which ponies compete for a leather title.
- May 13-17: The Pony Show at DomCon L.A. - A human pony show is held as part of DomCon in Los Angeles (there's a human pet show and awards as well). DomCon is a convention dedicated to the "D" in BDSM.
- May 23-29: Pony Camp at Camp Crucible - The pony camp at Camp Crucuble, held in nothern Maryland, is an oppprtunity to be a pony (and meet other ponies and trainers) for several days and participate (or simply watch) the pony show that's held on the last day of the camp. Also check out their Fetlife event, which will let you know when registration opens and notify you of chnges.
- August 7-9: Equus International Pony Play Event - The first annual Equus Pony Event will be held in Los Angeles and is slated to feature classes on pony play by several different presenters. Pony shows in various disicplines from Western to Hunter Jumper are on the schedule, and there will be plenty of time for networking with others in the pony community. The event will be capped off by a leather title pony show, the North American Pony/Trainer Contest, which offers the winner a travel stpiend they can use to attend events in the following 12 months to promote pony play.
- September 17-20: Dulca Scenes Pony Camp - A primarily outdoor pony event, Pony Camp at "The Farm" promises lots of fun and you're sure to leave with a smile on your face and many new pony friends.
- October 16-18: Northern California Fox Hunt - A three day weekend of animal roleplay fun in Upper Lake, California (about 2 hours northeast of San Francisco), the NorCal fox hunt typically has three or more human fox hunts (where humans take the role of horses, hounds, and foxes) in addition to a plethora of classes exploring many facets of pony (and other animal) play. Fun will be had; friends will be made.
If you know of an event not listed here (that includes some pony play) that's coming up in 2015, please let me know about it, and I'd love to add it to the list!