Podcasts on Pony Play
A couple days ago, my phone warned me I was out of space (it seems like iPhones have been stuck at 64GB for many years now). Anyway, as I set about cleaning out my podcasts (which accounted for nearly half of the 64GB), I came across a podcast on pony play. I must have downloaded it quite awhile previously because it didn't look familiar, and I didn't remember downloading it. However, it got me to wondering how many podcasts featured episodes on pony play, and here are the results:
The People of Kink - A rather interesting podcast. They have an interview format with a new guest each week. They explore each guest's favorite kinks and how they became interested in BDSM. I've enjoyed listening to other people share their experiences and their take on different fetishes. It's been educational and interesting. Anyway, so far they have interviewed four people who have discussed pony play to an appreciable degree:
- Ponygirl Bixy (Episode 47) - You may have heard of her or seen her around Fetlife. She's genuinely enthusiastic about pony play and aside from being an all around cool ponygirl, she's also the founder of the Ottawa Pony and Critter Club and she won the North American Pony and Trainer Contest in 2013.
- Loki and Sleipnir (Episode 51) - You may know them from their blogs (Sleipnir's blog and Loki's blog), but regardless, I'm sure you'll enjoy the interview. I especially enjoyed hearing about their shared exploration of pony play. It was inspiring to hear how they started with little previous experience in pony play and used their mutual interest to learn together. It's definitely worth a listen.
- Switch Coyboy (Episode 52) - An interesting interview with someone who switches. He's also a member of the Ottawa Pony and Critter Club. About half the interview is devoted to pony play.
- Schadenfreude (Episode 92) - Although I do not know her personally, I have seen her posts around Fetlife, and I believe she is active in the upstate New York pony play community (if memory serves me, she organizes - or has organized - the "Ponypalooza" pony play event). The interview isn't focused primarily on pony play, but they discuss it briefly, and I found the interview especially interesting because Schadenfreude identifies as a Domme in all other aspects of BDSM except pony play.
Island of Pain Podcast - An expansive site on BDSM. I only discovered it recently, but aside from a regular podcast, there's actually quite a few general BDSM resources (articles, video blogs, and a forum).
Erotic Awakening - A regular kink podcast, which I stumbled across relatively recently. They have compiled well over 300 episodes on various kink topics including a couple on pony and animal roleplay:
- Pony Play (Episode 73) - Trainer Luna and Mystic Storm are interviewed in this episode on pony play. The pair are winners of the international pony play championships, and Mystic Storm is the designer of the pony play pride flag.
- Animal Roleplay (Episode 189) - This episode talks about pony play in addition to other forms of animal role play. Gear is also discussed.
Talkin Taboo - A monthly kink podcast by SweetheartSadist:
- April 13 2014 Episode - The segment on pony play begins at 31 minutes into this episode. It is an interesting interview with Schadenfreude on pony play.
Masocast - A podcast spanning various aspects of kink. They had an episode on pony play with submissann as a guest:
bococu BDSM (CALAbococu radio) - A Spanish language podcast. I don't speak Spanish, so I haven't listened to it and can't really comment on the episode, but it might be worth checking out.